make money

jav online; jav streaming; 1pondo; caribbeancom; heyzo - tokyo hot

Award Winning Design Blog

Jason Drew Joins Krusty Krew, People Rejoice

By on February 25, 2011 in The Krew with 9 Comments

The Krusty Krew is happy to announce the induction of our newest member, Jason Drew. Jason brings a plethora of skills to the Krew. His strengths lie in AutoCAD P&ID and AutoCAD Plant 3D but he has worked with a number of packages including Smartplant P&ID.

Jason was recently featured as the Autocad Plant Exchange Expert for the month of February. Please join me in welcoming Jason on board!

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

About the Author: Hi! I am currently an Autodesk Solutions Engineer working to deliver real time solutions to our Enterprise customers. I have been involved with industrial design software for nearly 15 years and am a 3DS Max Professional who is passionate about design visualization. .

If you enjoyed this article, subscribe now to receive more just like it.

There Are 9 Brilliant Comments

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. APlant Monkey says:

Whoooo hooo Fresh Meat. Now Brad doesn’t have to be the Noob all the time. Glad to have you on board Jason.

2. rchiasson says:

Welcome to the Krew Jason. I’m sure we’ll be doing a ton of back and forth with Plant 3D, and a grats to Brad for elevating from n00b status, lol.

3. Welcome to the Krew, Noo Bee Jay Dee! You’ve managed to keep up with the madness! (Thus far…*mwaahhhahahahahahh*) Here’s to loads more laughs!

(Aww… and little Bradley’s all growed up!! *proud*)

4. Steven Convens says:

Jason, How does Autocad P&ID compare to SmartPlant P&D, glossed over it recently with an Acad rep and I was positively impressed. What is your take as you have used it more into depth I take it?

• Jd says:

Steven,

I’ve been impressed with ACAD P&ID so far. It’s essentially AutoCAD with all of the tools needed to easily create P&IDs. Anyone familiar with AutoCAD and knowledge of PFDs and P&IDs can pick it up quickly.

Comparing ACAD P&ID (APID) to SmartPlant P&ID (SPPID), I would say that they both have their advantages/disadvantages.

The learning curve for APID is a less steep than SPPID and with it being built on top of AutoCAD there is a lot of opportunity for programming and customization. Not to say you can’t do custom programming with SPPID, but to fully take advantage of SPPID with SP3D (linking P&ID data to 3D model) it requires SmartPlant Foundation. With APID and Plant 3D, you can use object mapping and also validate between the two right out of the box.

I think the P&ID symbols for SPPID provide better functionality, only because the pipe points in SPPID can adjusted to orient symbols and labels when they are placed. I’ve had difficulty with that in APID.

I’ve had to use workarounds in both software packages to make the software do what I want, so as always there is room for improvement!

5. yo-mama says:

Welcome aboard Jason. Glad to have you and your tremendous skill set as part of the Krew.

6. Zortar says:

Good to have you on the team!

7. kfauver says:

Cue music! I am rejoicing…

8. Jd says:

Thank you all for the warm welcome and well wishes. It’s awesome to be part of such a great team!