X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting equipment dimension data

Is it possible to query the equipment dimension data strait from the Plant3D Database?

nobody knows the answer to this question...really?

Comment

OK so after much discussion, debate, desk slamming, and paper crunching yesterday, I was able to connect with Autodesk technical ace Ken Fauver. Ken informed me that although you cannot get the equipment dimension data strait from Plant 3D, you can get it from the manually entered data on the corresponding P&ID. My issue is that I don't have any P&ID's on this job, just the model.

I would love for this to be a feature in upcoming releases of Plant 3D. If nothing else, just the bounding box info of the object would be fine. I can get some of the data I need through arx but it's a hassle. Would be nice if it was already there
      Last edited by dave; 08-22-2012, 05:12 AM. Reason: plant3d, database, equipment

Comment

I had a look when you first posted and found the same thing, it only calls up the properties from the PID. Having said that, I don't think it would be too hard to interrogate the 3D model for the tag numbers and the corresponding dimensions, via the SDK etc.

Comment

Working...
        X