X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revit files to Plant 3D

Does anyone know how to convert a .rvt file to dwg without having a revit licence? I am starting a BIM project and the architects provided revit drawings, and I'm not sure how to open them?

I haven't tried it yet, mainly cause I don't have Plant 3D 2012 but I would assume since Revit is part of the Premium Plant 3D 2012 design suite it would be able to import into it. Again that is an assumption. Plus if you had the suite I guess you wouldn't be asking cause you would have revit.

Comment

I have the 2011 Suite, not 2012

Comment

Im going to upgrade to Plant 2012, download today and Install tomorrow!

Comment

Please let us know what you find out. I'm curious as how it will work.

Comment

I don't have Plant Design Suite 2012 Premium or Ultimate yet so I can't comment on how Revit files are XREF'd into Plant 3D. I wouldn't think you'd have to export your Revit model to a plain ACAD DWG in order to XREF it into Plant 3D, but that might be case.

I did want to mention that there are some new object enablers out now for Plant 3D 2012. They have one for Structural Detailing that enables Plant 3D 2012 to read one of those files. Maybe that's the route to get your detailed structure drawings into Plant.

AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 Object Enablers (32-bit and 64-bit)

Comment

Ok, so i downloaded the suite and as far as revit goes, i turned the revit files into autocad drawings and exref'd them into the project, i am also using Navisworks to view the stuctural model, and I did need the object enablers to view my pipe in navisworks. the pipe was showing up ok, but not the fittings, I was under the assumption that being the whole thing came as a suite, i wouldnt need the object enablers, but thats not the case. Revit is a much different animal than Autocad, its better for the Architects I guess, but the whole x-reffing and sheets and central models had me completely out of my element.....and i took a basic Revit class. thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X