Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pdms to caesar ii

HI ALL

has anyone tried importing pcf or idf file from pdms to caesar II for stress analysis?

I know you can from sp3d with attributes such as temp, pressure, material, pipe supports etc ( ive tested it out)

i dont think you can import attributes mentioned above with a pcf/idf file created by pdms??

thanks

There is a PDMS to Caesar II interface, Pipe Stress Interface (PSI), that will transfer from PDMS to CII and back to PDMS.

Comment

do you have a procedure on how to do this?

what special software do you require?
      what attributes are transferred to caesar?
      have you tried the transfer?

thanks

Comment

The PSI is an interface in PDMS that you have to have PDMS and a license for it. There is a user manual that comes with PDMS that describes the process of setting it up(admin manual) and how to use it (user guide). No I haven't used it, I did watch a webcast from Aveva on it.

Comment

PSI interface does not work well. I failed to produce anything from my job. Only test cases worked well.
          Very bad documentation and support, as all coming from AVEVA (My deep respect to Autodesk, Bentley, Intergraph).
          My recomendation to look SST (http://www.sstusa.com/data-translators-to-cii.php)
          for dataTRANSLATORS To CAESAR II

Comment

thanks, will have a look.

Comment

We have some of our larger clients that have had great success with PSI. It does take some setup and some tweaking to make sure that the numbering is handled correctly.

Comment

Yo-Mama- could you please let me know what needs tweaking and problematic areas in the setup. I am going to setup PSI at my organisation soon, and would appreciate any guidance you have.
                Thanks

Comment

I'm referring to the Interface Defaults. It may take some trial and error to get the outcome the way you want it. I've not did the adjustments personally so I'm just talking from what I've heard from my colleagues and our clients. The documentation is pretty good to layout the items that need adjusting but it really depends on your personal setup.

Comment

Working...
                  X